Thursday, January 6, 2011

Here’s the Scoop

Joining: send me your first name and last initial, your starting weight and your email address. If you need to mail your entry fee, let me know that as well and I’ll send you my mailing address. You will be able to join in until Saturday the 15th of January. That's the day of our second weigh-in, the first one that will have results posted. If you can’t get the entry fee to me by then, let me know so we can make arrangements.

Weigh-ins: We need to receive your new weight by the end of the day every Saturday. You can pick which day you want to do your weigh-in as long as it’s consistent throughout the competition. I need the actual weight but your results will be posted by percentage of weight loss each week. I will however post the total pounds lost by the group weekly and cumulative.

Results & Updates: The results will posted by the end of the day the following Monday. I will be posting a few topics that you can contribute to like food & nutrition, fitness & exercise and goals & stories. Use the ‘Blog Archive’ links at the top of the page to navigate to each (this will reduce the amount of scrolling you’ll have to do). If you have (or want to get) a free blogger account (http://www.blogger.com/home), you will be able to post on the blog. If not, you can send them to me and I can post them.

The Prize: Once everyone’s entry fee has been received, the total prize amount will be posted. The person who has the highest percentage of weight loss will win 60% of the total and the person with the next highest percentage will receive the other 40%.

Community: In order to have a community of support, I’ll ask everyone to participate as much as they can. Send me recipes, fitness tips, stories that inspire you and your own personal goals and plans. This community will not only support and encourage you but it will provide positive accountability. When you share your plans, you’re more likely to stick to them. So give us updates on how you’re doing!

Another way to hold yourself accountable in a positive way is to set goals beyond your weight loss. I know some of you are already registered for a half marathon this year. If that’s not for you, find a 5K in your area or join the pound-for-pound challenge (http://www.pfpchallenge.com/). You can also include family or friends, or get a workout buddy. What ever you decide to do, share it with us. Maybe some of us can join you!

Contacting me: my email address is dreves21@live.com. You can also post questions right on the blog.

1 comment:

  1. If clicking on the email address in 'Contacting me' doesn't open your email (it won’t unless you use an email client program like MS Outlook or something) just right click on my address and copy it. Then you can paste it into the address bar in an email.

    Or you can just post your email address in a comment here. Every post gets emailed to me anyway.

    Or just type in my address: dreves21@live.com.

    ReplyDelete