Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Results are In!

The results are in and I need to share a few things with you. First of all:

 

The winner is…

 

Kira P. with a whapping 19.62% weight loss! 

 

And the Firs Runner Up with a very impressive 13.83% weight loss…Connie M!

 

With 31 paid participants, Kira and Connie will split the total prize of $310, 60/40. So Kira, I will be sending you your prize of $186. And Connie, you will receive the remaining $124. Great work and congratulations to both of you.

 

Now the race for First Runner Up really got close these last several weeks so I'd like to make honorable mention of the two contestants that gave Connie a run for the money.

 

Cameron K. was right on her heals with 13.32% weight loss and is currently in training for a MARATHON coming up next month!

 

Salley W. kept them both hustling with 12.83% weight loss and has run several 5k and 10k runs in the past few months. I find her success especially inspiring considering that her business is making custom, delicious, irresistible cakes for parties and weddings. Now that's will power!

 

As a group, our total weight loss since January 8th is 476.8 Lbs! That is amazing and you are all so inspiring to me!

 

Speaking of the group, everyone has a story of the last 5 months. What's yours? I know Connie M. has done a very intense (and extremely hot) yoga class every day for nearly 100 days straight! I know there's a lot more to that story, so tell us about it and what you've learned. And Kira, we'd love to hear your story as well.

 

In fact, we'd love to hear everyone's story of what they learned. Leave them as comments on this post or email them to me and I'll post them.

 

I know that I've learned a lot in this process. I'll share just a few things.

 

First of all, watching how well you've done has shown me what can be accomplished when you stick to you goals. Where will we all be in the next 5 months? This challenge was long, but looking back, it doesn't seem as long as it did from the other end.

 

Another point is related to one of the quotes I posted on the blog. I said "A goal without a plan is like a racecar without a steering wheel. It may be fast, but it's going to crash at the first turn." When visiting Sally last month, I saw that she had actually posted that on her fridge, and it reminded me that I had forgotten about my plan (she obviously didn't forget hers though).

 

Making a plan is important, but working that plan consistently is the key to making it a successful one.

 

Finally, thank you all for playing with me. It's been fun working with you, following the show with you and most of all, getting to know you better.

 

Keep up the great work and keep setting goals.

 

With Love and Admiration,

 

Dave

5 comments:

  1. Dave, I just have to say Thank you for doing this and getting the motivation started!!

    I feel so great and am finally happy in my skin (well pretty much) :) And I have found something that I really love, RUNNING and EXERCISE! I have learned that the days I leave out any exercise in my life are the days I have not patience at the end of the day. I get all grumpy and tired or my sweet adorable girls. I have loved the quote that Bob Harper said: You need to take time for YOU when you do, you fill your well and there is more of you to give back to your family and others. I LOVE exercising and now I feel like there has GOT to be at least 1 thing I can do each day of my life to get in some kind of exercise! I have also learned that at wonderful as plain exercise is... it's 70% Food and 30% exercise!! The Food part is hard, but NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS! Nothing!
    Love you and good Job everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kira! You have inspired us all. and the rest of you have all inspired me also. Thanks Dave for putting this together. It has helped me to get consistent in my running again. I'm currently signed up for another 10k next month and a half marathon in October and am seriously considering a full marathon in December! When I exercise I feel more a "part of life" - like I'm a full participant rather than just a spectator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never taken the time or had the interest to watch the Biggest losser before... but I am hooked! I am already missing it! (I watched a new one the other day, Extreem makeover weight loss edition (or something like that) it was alright...))
    I loved seeing them do the workouts! it was very inspiring. If they can do it, so can I!
    I loved hearing their stories and I never watched an episode with out crying! I felt the same way a lot of the time!
    I loved all of the "quotes" one that I think Cortney said at the end, was "I changed my mind, I didn't want to live like that anymore"
    For me, I am making exercise a part of my life. I am taking time for me before I have to take care of everyone else! and It feels so good!
    I made a goal (#1) to al least get 1/2 hour in 6 days a week, and usually do more, because I'll take a class.
    I went to the high school stadium on Monday morning and ran stairs with two friends, and then we had weights and a kettle bell set up in three places, and we'd stop to do 15 reps of something at each station and then run (or walk) some more on the stairs!! we then walked the track afterwards for 15 min. It was great!
    I am thinking of doing that throughout the summer, a few days a week, and inviting others to join me.
    I know for me, during the summer I actually have the hardest time getting my workout in, so I am setting a goal(#2) to get up early and do it!
    I still have 13lbs. to go until I am at goal weight (22 lbs gone since last Sept), and a wedding to go to at the end of the summer in New York... (goal #3!)
    thanks for all your hard work and organization David. It was great!! and so great to have the support from family, even if it is through technology!
    Congrats Kira!!! you are so inspiring! and I can see how happy you are! (in your pictures) keep up the good work!
    Can't wait until next season!
    love, LIz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kira Congratulations you look Gorgeous!

    Dave Again Thank you for this blog and your time and effort in putting this together! :-)

    As for me this all has been a wonderful experience I'm totally excited! I have been through a lot especially the last 9 months and I had fallen into a deep depression and started drinking more than usual. One day I got up and realized that I needed to do something but this time it was for me no one else. On January 8th we started this blog and I'm thankful Dave approached me and on January 11th I started " BIKRAM YOGA". It was a great combination. Weeks later I realized that the yoga and losing weight was helping me get my head out of my ass. Excuse my expression but it's MY truth.... In March began my journey a 105 day challenge in 105 day of YOGA! Along with some walking and at time some weight lifting. I feel so good, especially the yoga it has helped me get in touch with me, learn who I' am and know today that my HEART, BODY AND MIND are all worth it. Today I'm at 95 days straight and only have 10 more day. YAY! And I have literally changed my life with one drop of sweat at a time. I still have a long road ahead of me and would like to loose 25 more pounds but I'm excited that I have accomplished so much.... I HOPE THE BEST TO ALL OF YOU AND ALL YOUR SUPPORTS, COMMENTS AND ENCOURAGEMENT HAS BEEN GREAT.

    LOVE, HUGS, PRAYERS x0x0x0, Connie♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connie, Liz and Anita... Good job! Seriously, I love how exercise is helping us all change our mind and perspective on our lives! So awesome!! Now to send in my before and after pics. :/

    Connie - I ave a friend who does that yoga and LOVES it, I would love to try it! Is it the one that they turn the Heater up super high and you just sweat like crazy the whole time?

    ReplyDelete